Wednesday - Yes/No Quiz (new)
Answer Yes or No to the following questions:
1. Do you find black and white movies more appealing than colour ones?
2. Do you ever think triangular, hexagonal, or octagonal shapes look odd?
3. When you see a picture of a horse, does it automatically remind you of a knight?
4. Do you get double vision when you see clocks?
5. Have you become an expert at examining facial expressions of people sitting directly across from you?
6. Does an empty table (or a single table rather than rows of them) make you feel confused?
7. Do you like to divide paper into halves or quarters?
8. Did you get thrown out of a restaurant/picnic for playing with the (checkered) tablecloth?
9. When someone takes out a checkers game, do the pieces look "amateur" to you?
10. Have you become accustomed to the way your hands look and move?
If three or more of these apply to you, you've probably been staring at a chess board/game too long!
Thursday - Contest!
Again, my hair theme...
Send an email containing a professional chess player's name - one that you think gets the best haircuts! Please, no attachments, since it will likely be considered spam. Just a name, and maybe a line or two about why you chose that player. Whoever comes up with the best suggestion gets a special "Checkmate!" stuffed teddy bear, similar to the ones I gave out at the 2010 OGCC.
Contest closes at 11:59 PM (EST) on June 30, 2011. Canadian residents only. Prize must be claimed at either the 2011 CYCC, 2011 Canadian Open, or a chess event in the Greater Toronto Area. No age restriction.
To ensure your email is considered, type "June Contest" in the subject line! Good luck!